Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sierra's interview at berklee college of music

Yesterday I had an interview in Berklee College of Music's Admissions office. I am very hopefully. I was very nervous at first--could hear my own voice shaking when I was telling them about myself--but then I calmed down and I think I did very well. 

I practiced a lot of questions I was anticipating, and that really paid off. I didn't have to think of creative answers on-the-spot, but had I had well-thought out ideas that I was eager to share. It's the first time I've actually written down and recited what I would say in an interview, and I'm pretty satisfied with the results. Some questions you know are coming: "Why do you want to work here? What are your strengths and weaknesses? What were your responsibilities at your last job. Why did you leave your last job?"

I was even prepared to answer specific questions (demonstrated knowledge) about F-1 visa procedure. What would I tell a student who has been accepted to Berklee and needs a visa to enter the U.S.? I had been to the Berklee website and knew everything for these types of questions, but they just asked simple questions like: "What tasks have I performed in the SEVIS database?" I didn't want to be too pushy and squeeze it in there. Got to leave something for the next interview, right?

I probably won't hear anything until after Thanksgiving, but I'll keep you updated. Sent my thank you note same evening!

No comments: