Monday, December 1, 2008

Great News and Wonderful News!!!

I'm so happy to write this blog because I have loads of good news!!

First, I GOT CALLED BACK FOR A SECOND INTERVIEW AT BERKLEE COLLEGE OF MUSIC!!! As a reminder, the position I applied for is International Applicant Advisor, and I would advise international students on their application procedure as well as how to obtain the proper visa and entry into the U.S. 

So, my interview is this Thursday and I am already writing new questions and answers to prepare myself for the next round of interviews, as well as trying to think up great new questions to ask such as, "What are the departmental goals, who sets them, and how do you work together to ensure you achieve them?" and "What is the ratio of applications to acceptances?" and "How long have you been in this position, and what gets you excited to come to work every day?" and "What makes a "good hire?"

The SECOND piece of good news is that Erdem and I have the green card interview scheduled---about three months earlier than I expected!!! We received the letter from immigration today, and we hopefully will have green card in hand on January 16th 2009!! Yippee!!!

Also, our Thanksgiving turkey--the whole dinner, actually---turned out beautifully. We had a great time with our guests and are still giving thanks for all the joy in our lives!!

Kisses!!


1 comment:

biginkyiv said...

Hi Sierra & Erdem!

I know you're going to be great on your interview! You've got that certian je ne sais quoi!

It's great to read snippits of your life. :-)

Dawn